Urine Containers work great for shipping!

IMG_3878.jpg
 
I believe the idea of shipping containers or bags as re-usable "Coral transport vessels/vehicles" that can be cleaned and re-used again, and again will be the conscientious way of the future for this hobby/science/art's coral exchange.
...Or at least I hope so...big piles of bags?...come on.
 
man those are SWEET!
 
That is a great idea by AtlanticReef. I am not a huge fan of specimen cups for shipping but this seems to be great thing they have going.
 
Thanks...we have actually received and re-used about 80-90% of the materials we have sent out.

We have scrutinized dissolved oxygen contents before and after coast-to-coast shipments... have never lost or had a frag damaged in shipping.

Thats not to say we won't ..and I by no means think we have the best way...

I would actually like to see people take this idea and run with it... expound upon this idea.

-Dave
 
This would be a good example of what we receive when our customers ship the materials back.

we wash/rinse, and soak everything in slightly chlorinated water for one hour , then a 48 hour (min) soak in an aggressively aerated R.O. bath before we dry them out and reuse... containers, floats bags, rubber bands...everything except heat packs and the outer box, (usually gets confusing with too many labels or stuff crossed out after two shipments).

IMG_0029.jpg
 
This would be a good example of what we receive when our customers ship the materials back.

we wash/rinse, and soak everything in slightly chlorinated water for one hour , then a 48 hour (min) soak in an aggressively aerated R.O. bath before we dry them out and reuse... containers, floats bags, rubber bands...everything except heat packs and the outer box, (usually gets confusing with too many labels or stuff crossed out after two shipments).

IMG_0029.jpg

very nice work
everthink of selling your containers with the foam
 
These are excellent for shipping. I use only frag disks so gluing the frag to the bottom like nay said works wonders. This will be the only way I ship frags again.
 
This would be a good example of what we receive when our customers ship the materials back.

we wash/rinse, and soak everything in slightly chlorinated water for one hour , then a 48 hour (min) soak in an aggressively aerated R.O. bath before we dry them out and reuse... containers, floats bags, rubber bands...everything except heat packs and the outer box, (usually gets confusing with too many labels or stuff crossed out after two shipments).

IMG_0029.jpg

Dave, I still got all your packing materials (and urine containers) I'm planning on shipping them back to you soon. Great idea to offer customers credit for returning packing materials to advocate recycling!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new