Use Atlantic V4 tank mount kit for Aquatic Life 48" fixture?

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about using the Atlantic V4 tank mount kit on a 48" Aquatic Life hybrid fixture and need some advice. I've never seen the mounting kit but I'm thinking if it can hold up the Atlantic V2 or V4, which are said to be pretty heavy, it should be able to do the same for my Aquatic Life. I'm not sure exactly how much weight the Atlantic kit is designed to hold or how well built it is. My AL has 3 A360X's in it so there's not much added weight by the led's. What do you guys think? Will it hold up without being overly stressed? BTW, I'd be mounting it on an Innovative Marine 100EXT.
Thanks...
Kacey

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple picture would help out :)

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you like pictures of anything in particular? I could give you pics of my tank, but the only pics I've seen of the universal Atlantic led mounting kit are on the BRS website and I don't know how to move pics around. It has two independent "arms", one for each end, that mount onto the glass (15mm) lip of the tank like so many other leds do. There are a couple of holes in the flattened ends of each arm that line up with holes on top of A V2 and V4 fixture. Would be very easy to use Aquatic Life hanging kit on the fixture. My only concern is that the light wouldn't be too heavy for tank glass or mount. Mount instructions say it will work on 40 breeder up to a 210g tanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back