Use caution unpacking the sump (525)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RickLRMS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Red Sea 525 and after uncrating found the sump package inside the display tank. Needing to check for damage before the delivery guy left he helped me lift the sump out and set it beside the pallet, both of us using the hand-holds built into the sump’s box. When placing it down, a few inches above the floor, one of the hand-holds ripped out of my hand and that corner dropped the remaining distance to the floor.

E766CE40-2151-442F-BCD7-06F82ABCCE28.jpeg

It did break the sump. After contacting Red Sea and sending some photos, they sent a replacement sump out in short order and at no charge. Their customer service was very impressive - thanks Red Sea. But I did want to warn anyone else receiving a new tank that you may want to use caution and maybe reinforce the sump handholds (packing tape?) before trusting them to remove the sump. It would have been a much bigger issue had the hand-hold ripped out on the way up and fell back into the display tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back