Use for Air Vent on Media Reactor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aspect
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
1,578
Reaction score
846
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I purchased this media reactor and I am not sure what the point of this air vent with a ball valve is for? I assume it's related to pressure but can someone give me some insight please? Thank you

1754084851050.png
 
This one is a bit odd! — it would need one more fitting to be used as a calcium reactor of sorts…

My best guess is that this vent is intended to “burp” air out of the reactor during startup… it may or may not be necessary to utilize depending on your specific plumbing arrangement!
 
This one is a bit odd! — it would need one more fitting to be used as a calcium reactor of sorts…

My best guess is that this vent is intended to “burp” air out of the reactor during startup… it may or may not be necessary to utilize depending on your specific plumbing arrangement!
Yes I believe you are right after opening the air vent for a few seconds it lowered the water level of the chamber. Another question for you, do you think it would be better to swap the inlet and outlet pipes to use this reactor with sand?
 
Yes I believe you are right after opening the air vent for a few seconds it lowered the water level of the chamber. Another question for you, do you think it would be better to swap the inlet and outlet pipes to use this reactor with sand?
Yes, I think that would be wise!
 
Good call UnCommon...

"The vent is designed to release trapped air inside the chamber. When water flows in, air can sometimes get stuck and create pressure that affects the water flow. The vent allows that air to escape, ensuring smooth operation and consistent water circulation.
Warm regards,
The J&Y Aquarium Team"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new