Use the SILK browser with Fire Tablet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the fire when I got my Apex and followed the video instruction to use the dolphin browser. However, the dolphin browser was TERRIBLE for me. Initially I thought it was a problem with the fire. My wife's ipad works flawlessly and I dont need to click the screen 5-10 times just to feed the fish! My galaxy phone doesnt have this issue either so I was blaming the fire. I would also lose connection after a couple days and needed to reopen the browser. The aquarium is supposed to be relaxing and this was nothing but frustrating. Since I travel occasionally this is unacceptable when my wife has to feed the tank. I was in Atlanta once and had to turn on the feed mode from my phone...that went over real well. :)

I noticed the fire updated the SILK browser so just for giggles I tried the apex connection through it and WOW! It is actually WORKS! Been running it on silk now for over two weeks and have not needed to restart the browser or lost connection even once. I turn off the display at night and in the morning turn it back on, unlock the screen and it reconnects within a couple seconds. Then one light tap of Feed A and pumps are shut down. Very happy with the fire now...starting to rethink this thing is not half bad.

No more talk of getting the display now that this display is working wonderfully!!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back