Missing fire fish.

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a purple tip anemone and a lunar wrass in my tank and my diamond watchman gobie and fire fish hid. This morning Doser my name for the gobie. Is out and about. I checked over flow and pulled all rocks to look under and in crevices. The fire fish is no where to be found. I guess it's possible the people tip may have eaten him. IDK. My fire fish always comes out 10 minutes after I turn the light on waiting for breakfast. I'm bummed out he was a beautiful specimen.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put a purple tip anemone and a lunar wrass in my tank and my diamond watchman gobie and fire fish hid. This morning Doser my name for the gobie. Is out and about. I checked over flow and pulled all rocks to look under and in crevices. The fire fish is no where to be found. I guess it's possible the people tip may have eaten him. IDK. My fire fish always comes out 10 minutes after I turn the light on waiting for breakfast. I'm bummed out he was a beautiful specimen.
Did you check the floor? Could it have jumped out? How old are the fish, were they quarantined?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They often hide when new additions arrive at the tank. Experts at hiding. I rarely see mine now.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but I pulled all the rocks and had someone watch as I did..I hope your right
Be careful with that. Depending on the size, some fish can wedge their bodies into a hole in the rock. Plenty of folks have had fish as hitch hikers just like that. So if you put the rock back the wrong way, he not be able to get out.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish disappeared for 2.5 months, I wrote him off as dead, then a week ago, he just starting cruising around the tank as if he had been there all along.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back