Has anyone gotten this error while on this site...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Polish_20200519_003912959.jpg
... ;) :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope you know I'm posting feedback as requested and not just complaining ;)
Oh I know and thank you for this feedback...all of you! It helps us see issues faster and gives us some data to use to try and understand what's going on.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a fix in that hopefully will help mitigate this! Will know more tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and reports!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I'm pretty confident we have made a major breakthrough in resolving these slow downs and timeouts. We were getting hammered by BOTS at different times during the day and we put some deterrents in place that didn't work that well. Created some new firewall rules as well a couple other "deterrents" and it seems we have been able to thwart most of these abusive bot requests.

For example: In the last 24hrs our deterrents have stopped 60K requests from ONE abusive bot alone!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm pretty confident we have made a major breakthrough in resolving these slow downs and timeouts. We were getting hammered by BOTS at different times during the day and we put some deterrents in place that didn't work that well. Created some new firewall rules as well a couple other "deterrents" and it seems we have been able to thwart most of these abusive bot requests.

For example: In the last 24hrs our deterrents have stopped 60K requests from ONE abusive bot alone!
Do you think any of this is DDoS or is are we assuming scrapers from a certain nations known to abuse scrapers designed to index site content and remonetize, or for AI food to mine both content and personal data?
Is XenForo being helpful?

Site scraping is becoming a huge issue and the tactics are getting extremely hard to block as bots use AI to IP and useragent hop (sometimes with every request).

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No DDoS, just looks to be just scraping bots.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back