Used aquarium silicone problem

KrakenTrucker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
homer glen
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. My name is Mike and I am kind of new to the hobby. I just replaced my 92 corner tank for this reefer 350. I thought I got a good deal for $350. But when I moved everything to a new tank I noticed this silicone in terrible shape. Can you guys tell me if there is anyway to fix it other then taking whole glass out ? It looks like air got there from the outside. I was thinking to get some kind of glue in syringe with needle and just push it there but I’m not sure if it’s even possible

158BB447-8F79-416C-9210-8324F5473C03.jpeg 1777895B-6E51-4604-9194-FB95A8E90AB2.jpeg AE40E9A4-7B9C-4AB4-970F-7946ECA121ED.jpeg
 
The second picture looks like the seam has come apart . Its hard for me to tell with all the blue light. A close up under white light would be good
 
Oh and welcome, howdy.......
 
You can just inject new silicone in as new silicone will not adhere to old silicone. Unfortunately it's either redo it all or nothing
 
You can just inject new silicone in as new silicone will not adhere to old silicone. Unfortunately it's either redo it all or nothing
I think I’ll just leave it like this. I’ll start worrying when it starts leaking. Thanks for the answer
 
The second picture looks like the seam has come apart . Its hard for me to tell with all the blue light. A close up under white light would be good
I have a kessil light it’s just as white as it can get. I might need to use flash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new