Used GHL Doser 2.1 in My Devices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets figure out what ways you can connect successfully.
Can you connect to the unit Via USB?
Via MyGHL?
Via wireless LAN?

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to the unit Via USB?
It has just started to work and managed to connect to My GHL on my Mac. Seems to be very intermittent. If I want to use the app do I have to first log out of My GHL on web

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logged out of My GHL on web and managed to connect now on Connect App to both local and My GHL. I haven't changed anything so don't know why it jas taken so long. Is there some sort of lack on this? Anyway fingers crossed that all will now stay working. If I now power off Doser and move to another position is it likely to lose connections again ?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logged out of My GHL on web and managed to connect now on Connect App to both local and My GHL. I haven't changed anything so don't know why it jas taken so long. Is there some sort of lack on this? Anyway fingers crossed that all will now stay working. If I now power off Doser and move to another position is it likely to lose connections again ?
Don’t know till you try. Also keep in mind that on occasion the MyGHL website will go down for what ever reason and people can’t log on remotely. So don’t get to worked up over in ability to connect once in a while. Just wait and try again later.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know till you try. Also keep in mind that on occasion the MyGHL website will go down for whatever reason and people can’t log on remotely. So don’t get to worked up over inability to connect once in a while. Just wait and try again later.
OK, thanks - not use to this instability. Apex user at the moment and trying this doser out before making a final decision whether to switch over. A couple of more questions if I may if anyone can answer.

Is there a way to change the date format. I have clicked on Local Date and saved but it as not changed to UK format.

Secondly whilst I have not calibrated or in fact, got any fluids connected to the doser when I run each pump manually they all seem to stick intermittently - surely this can't be right. Is this normal?

Many thanks for everyone's help so far

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, thanks - not use to this instability. Apex user at the moment and trying this doser out before making a final decision whether to switch over. A couple of more questions if I may if anyone can answer.

Is there a way to change the date format. I have clicked on Local Date and saved but it as not changed to UK format.

Secondly whilst I have not calibrated or in fact, got any fluids connected to the doser when I run each pump manually they all seem to stick intermittently - surely this can't be right. Is this normal?

Many thanks for everyone's help so far

Can't help on the date.

As for the Doser, I bought mine used too. I elected to change the tubing and the rollers on my used unit. I didn't know what went through those old lines or how much wear was on it. I found the old tubing starts to get a memory after it sits for a while. It can take the motor a few to push through the memory.

I replaced all 4 heads and tubes.

Cheapest way to replace those parts is with these:
You have to cut it to the length you need at 18 euro for the tubing and it will give you enough for all 4 heads and have some left over.

Then you need 2 packages of these roller kits. They come in 2ea per package. At 16 euro per package
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Or buy the above tube precut at 7 euro per piece and would need 4 for a doser unit of 4 heads.

Or you can buy replacement heads which is the most expensive route. at 30.00 euro per head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help on the date.

As for the Doser, I bought mine used too. I elected to change the tubing and the rollers on my used unit. I didn't know what went through those old lines or how much wear was on it. I found the old tubing starts to get a memory after it sits for a while. It can take the motor a few to push through the memory.

I replaced all 4 heads and tubes.

Cheapest way to replace those parts is with these:
You have to cut it to the length you need at 18 euro for the tubing and it will give you enough for all 4 heads and have some left over.

Then you need 2 packages of these roller kits. They come in 2ea per package. At 16 euro per package
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Or buy the above tube precut at 7 euro per piece and would need 4 for a doser unit of 4 heads.

Or you can buy replacement heads which is the most expensive route. at 30.00 euro per head.

Thank you very much for such very helpful advice. Hopefully, someone will come along shortly that can answer the date fromat point.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no one has come back to me on whether the Date Format can be changed but whilst I am waiting I just have another question. if someone could advise please:-

1 In my My Devices in GHL Connect I am showing the Doser under Local Devices and I also have it showing myGHL device .... and I can connect via both but sometimes the connection is immediate other times I can't connect at all on either and I get the following messages:-

IMG_1333.jpeg
IMG_1334.jpeg

The first image shows when I cant connect through the Local Device and the second through the myGHL device...

What I am not clear on is whether my doser hot spot is being used for the Local Device because whilst it was showing in Wifi networks when I first set it up it is no longer there.

Also is necessary to disconnect each time you use either the Local Device or my GHL device ... before you can use others.

I am using Doser 1.35 firmware and 1.3.3.1 GHCC rather than use the latest which is still in Beta

Can anyone see anything wrong that I am doing or are the connections always so intermittent?

Off now to try to calibrate the pumps which look as if it can only be completed through GHCC

Many thanks

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no one has come back to me on whether the Date Format can be changed but whilst I am waiting I just have another question. if someone could advise please:-

1 In my My Devices in GHL Connect I am showing the Doser under Local Devices and I also have it showing myGHL device .... and I can connect via both but sometimes the connection is immediate other times I can't connect at all on either and I get the following messages:-

IMG_1333.jpeg
IMG_1334.jpeg

The first image shows when I cant connect through the Local Device and the second through the myGHL device...

What I am not clear on is whether my doser hot spot is being used for the Local Device because whilst it was showing in Wifi networks when I first set it up it is no longer there.

Also is necessary to disconnect each time you use either the Local Device or my GHL device ... before you can use others.

I am using Doser 1.35 firmware and 1.3.3.1 GHCC rather than use the latest which is still in Beta

Can anyone see anything wrong that I am doing or are the connections always so intermittent?

Off now to try to calibrate the pumps which look as if it can only be completed through GHCC

Many thanks
That error can come up at anytime depending on your WiFi signal or Cell signal. You can increase the timeout on the connection and that can help. But usually, I just try to reconnect in a different location.

For instance in my office I can’t connect allot of times. Tons of RF interference in there. In my living room near my router I never have trouble.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That error can come up at anytime depending on your WiFi signal or Cell signal. You can increase the timeout on the connection and that can help. But usually, I just try to reconnect in a different location.

For instance in my office I can’t connect allot of times. Tons of RF interference in there. In my living room near my router I never have trouble.
Thanks very much for your further feedback. This instability is starting to concern me about GHL. I am in a good area for internet services using fibre broadband with speeds of up to 350mb per second so I wouldn't expect these sort of problems. I certainly don't get any such issues with my Neptune Apex system with which I gain access to Fusion immediately. Surely at least part of this problem as got to be a GHL server issue. It wasn't so much the Connection Fail message but more the reasons given which I don't understand - "Please note that a simultaneous connection over GHL Control Centre is not possible" and "Connection requires my GHL to be enabled on the device and WiFi - firmware on Profilux 4 and Mitras LX7 must be at least version 6718" I don't have either of the two items mentioned.

Apart from these network/connection issues, I have to say I found the programming reasonably straight forward after watching the videos. I have already got the dosing scheduled.

Perhaps @Vinny@GHLUSA would like to comment along with answering my question on the date format issue.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will get a better answer if you submit a ticket direct to GHL on their support site. Since it's the weekend most of those folks won't be on here or there till Monday. I don't think GHL has a weekend support team at the moment. Errors like you are seeing are best handled via the support ticket.

Also another set of names to flag is @Matthias Gross @MatthiasF These are the German team albeit spend less time here.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will get a better answer if you submit a ticket direct to GHL on their support site. Since it's the weekend most of those folks won't be on here or there till Monday. I don't think GHL has a weekend support team at the moment. Errors like you are seeing are best handled via the support ticket.

Also another set of names to flag is @Matthias Gross @MatthiasF These are the German team albeit spend less time here.
I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply over the weekend and understand that people certainly have other priorities at this difficult time. I tried to submit a ticket the other day but it wouldn't let me log in. I have just read somewhere that if that is the case use the guest submission so I will try that. Thanks once again for your help.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply over the weekend and understand that people certainly have other priorities at this difficult time. I tried to submit a ticket the other day but it wouldn't let me log in. I have just read somewhere that if that is the case use the guest submission so I will try that. Thanks once again for your help.
Yep, I always have to use the guest set up. as long as you always use the same Email it remembers the support ticket. This is another one of those lovely GHL quirks.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I always have to use the guest set up. as long as you always use the same Email it remembers the support ticket. This is another one of those lovely GHL quirks.
Great !!! at least it is not me then. Ticket on its way Thanks

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back