Used GHL Doser 2.1 in My Devices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of starting my GHL journey with a used Doser SA 2.1 and 4 Magnetic Stirrers which I have managed to get at a good price.

Does it matter that these devices have been previously owned and used by others presumably on GHL Connect and my GHL?

Do they have to remove them from their account before I will be able to add to my account and use them?

Many thanks

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always nice to get a good deal, I can’t directly answer your question but I would just go on line and give it a whirl. Welcome to the GHL world.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always nice to get a good deal, I can’t directly answer your question but I would just go online and give it a whirl. Welcome to the GHL world.
Thanks very much for your reply. I am still waiting for it to arrive but if I don't receive any more advice before it arrives I guess that's what I will have to do - fingers crossed.

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my doser SA 2.1 used. I don't think the previous owner had to unmarry the unit from their account. I was able to create my own account and get the unit online pretty seamlessly. I think you should be fine. Good luck!

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the unit is no longer assigned to the previous owner's myGHL account, you will be able to assign it to yours.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my doser SA 2.1 used. I don't think the previous owner had to unmarry the unit from their account. I was able to create my own account and get the unit online pretty seamlessly. I think you should be fine. Good luck!
Thanks for your advice but reading Vinny@USA post above you must have been lucky and they had disconnected it from their account.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the unit is no longer assigned to the previous owner's myGHL account, you will be able to assign it to yours.
Thanks for the reply, Vinnie. I thought that would be the case. I haven't received it yet but hopefully, they have already disconnected from their account. I have sent them a reminder just in case. Does this also apply to the Magnetic Stirrers and what if they haven't or I can't get them to disconnect is there an alternative solution.

Many thanks

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic stirrers are connected and controlled with the doser and not registered like the doser.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic stirrers are connected and controlled with the doser and not registered like the doser.
Thanks for clarifying that one. Just got to hope they have disconnected the doser from their account

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At last, now received my GHL doser 2.1 SA and have powered up to find alternate blinking white and orange lights. I say orange because that is what looks like to me but can't find any reference to orange in the manuals, also the pumps run occasionally so presumably still programmed.

Can't get my iPhone to pick up the wifi hotspot either. !!

Anyone got any suggestions, please

Javamahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to a computer using USB? Likely it it is still programmed and trying to connect to the old wifi network . Orange or Yellow blinking is low fluid and white is attempting to connect to myGHL.com

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to a computer using USB? Likely it it is still programmed and trying to connect to the old wifi network . Orange or Yellow blinking is low fluid and white is attempting to connect to myGHL.com
Thanks very much for commenting so quickly - really appreciate it. I did wonder if what looks like Orange is actually Yellow so I can see why they would be blinking. I had asked the person I have bought it from to remove from their GHL account but obviously have not done. I only have a Mac at the moment which I know is no use so I will have to borrow a Windows laptop. Presumably no other way to resolve ?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mlandscape
Flashing yellow means one or more dosing containers are nearing empty or full (if KHD waste container).
More info on color codes can be found here:

If you are still having trouble adding the doser to your myGHL account, open a support ticket and provide us with your device serial number and myGHL-ID number.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mlandscape
Flashing yellow means one or more dosing containers are nearing empty or full (if KHD waste container).
More info on color codes can be found here:

If you are still having trouble adding the doser to your myGHL account, open a support ticket and provide us with your device serial number and myGHL-ID number.
Thanks for helping out here @Vinny@GHLUSA. I have no dosing containers connected yet so that solves that problem - thanks. Going to have a try to sort out this evening but if no luck I will certainly take you up on your suggestion. Many thanks

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get doser connected to Control Centre, reset to clear previous owners settings and even managed to update the software of doser. Tried to set up WiFi connection in CC and App but doesn't connect. Noticed that there was a Security Key showing in CC but that now seems to have disappeared? Can't see doser in My GHL account or App.
Doser now showing solid White but did at one-time show Blue. Also does not let me save any changes I make in CC. Feel as if achieved somethings but can't quite get across the line.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we can forget most of above as managed to get it sorted including getting doser to show in My GHL account and Connect app - the only problem is that I can't get connected to the doser in either despite them showing in respective formats. Sorry, it did connect once and not again. Saying connection failed -"That simultaneous connection over GHL Control Center is not possible" but as far as aware not connected. Also connection failed " requires myGHL to be enabled in the device...." which it is as far as I am aware. Sorry @Vinny@GHLUSA tried to log in to create a Support ticket but wont let me for some reason

Last edited:
OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you rebooted the unit? In the past I have found rebooting my Profilux would allow it to be seen again.
I have many times but just tried again and now got blinking violet light instead of solid white but still cant connect. Sorry it maybe blue

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the light codes. According to them it’s booting still

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I realise that but how long does it take to boot. I rebooted again got white now blinking blue again.

If it is blinking blue that says connected to My GHL but I still cant connect

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back