• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Used rodi system or parts

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I use conditioned tap water for my tank, and have done so for years successfully. However. At times, typically in the spring, I notice occasional bumps in my tank after water changes. Usually some closed up corals for a few days and the everything bounces back.

I know with winter melt and such, water treatment tends to add extra "stuff" to the water to compensate. So to help mitigate these swings. I have been debating using a partial RODI unit with just sediment and carbon blocks.

It won't pull everything out, and I'm fine with that. As I've said tap has worked very well for me. But. If I can filter some of the garbage out without dumping a ton down the drain I think it's a win for the tank and my wallet.

So basically I'm looking for a 2-3 cannister unit without the RO. Just a quick connect under the sink and run through a sediment filter then 1-2 carbon blocks for a bit of cleanup.

If anyone has one laying around or parts please let me know. I'm located in Franklin. But willing to travel a bit if needed.

I just dont want to spend $100 on bulk reef to only use half the unit.

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back