Using biocube as a Refugium

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of your return pump, why not leave the tank stock, have the gravity feed drop into the second chamber and use filter floss to polish the water, keep the stock pump in chamber 3 to circulate the water, and have your return pump in chamber 1 or main display. That way if you ever decide to do something different, you can still sell the cube :) and you have all the functionality you need.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of your return pump, why not leave the tank stock, have the gravity feed drop into the second chamber and use filter floss to polish the water, keep the stock pump in chamber 3 to circulate the water, and have your return pump in chamber 1 or main display. That way if you ever decide to do something different, you can still sell the cube :) and you have all the functionality you need.

Interesting. I’m gonna think on that idea as well! Thanks!

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run triton and have the larger trigger triton sump. I have to say that this thing is better than anything I could have come up with. The only downside is to make a bigger refugium you sacrifice a little space in the skimmer chamber. But you've got wire tucks, dosing connections, probe holders, and an option to have a truly filterless return (my option) or to use socks, a rollermat, etc. Love mine. Worth every penny.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back