Using Cipro for treating eye infection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tunafish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tunafish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Turkey
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a baby lyretail anthia with cloudy eye, and he has not been getting better and has started to become less active. I am thinking about removing him from the dt to a separate tank to treat with medication. I have cipro on hand and I was wondering if I can use it for treating the fish. I would greatly appreciate info on the procedure and dosage etc.
 
I have a baby lyretail anthia with cloudy eye, and he has not been getting better and has started to become less active. I am thinking about removing him from the dt to a separate tank to treat with medication. I have cipro on hand and I was wondering if I can use it for treating the fish. I would greatly appreciate info on the procedure and dosage etc.
Leave cipro to human use. Wont do much if anything. Maybe for some coral only. You want to use erythromycin (as erythromycin phosphate).
 
I have a baby lyretail anthia with cloudy eye, and he has not been getting better and has started to become less active. I am thinking about removing him from the dt to a separate tank to treat with medication. I have cipro on hand and I was wondering if I can use it for treating the fish. I would greatly appreciate info on the procedure and dosage etc.

Can you post a picture? Sounds like it could be an eye injury, and it may not be infected at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new