Using IC-Gel on my reef

Abe1834

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I put some of the IC-Gel (superglue gel) on the back of my GSP and then put into the water and stick it to the back glass? Should I take the water down a small amount and glue it in a “dry” spot then put water back in or is that overkill?

E9D807A6-FFDB-4CE3-9757-60721821957A.jpeg

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I put some of the IC-Gel (superglue gel) on the back of my GSP and then put into the water and stick it to the back glass? Should I take the water down a small amount and glue it in a “dry” spot then put water back in or is that overkill?

E9D807A6-FFDB-4CE3-9757-60721821957A.jpeg
Never used this product I use ployplabs Cora hell still cyano glue though,Put small amount on back of gsp mat and stick it to the glass wet might need to hold it for a few seconds try not to glue your fingers to the frag but it should stay

Ps. Might be easier to chop off the stem on the bottom of frag plug and glue the disk to the wall and let it grow you can always remove the disk after it spreads and trade it for something eles with another fellow reefer ;Happy

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like IC-Gel and always use it in water when gluing down frags to rockwork. Never had a problem!

OP
OP
Abe1834

Abe1834

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used this product I use ployplabs Cora hell still cyano glue though,Put small amount on back of gsp mat and stick it to the glass wet might need to hold it for a few seconds try not to glue your fingers to the frag but it should stay

Ps. Might be easier to chop off the stem on the bottom of frag plug and glue the disk to the wall and let it grow you can always remove the disk after it spreads and trade it for something eles with another fellow reefer ;Happy
Appreciate the advice

My GSP is actually just a mat of polyps and no plugs or rock attached, I’ve separated it into two pieces and dont want it on my rock so I figured a carpet on the back will look cool in my 32 LED cube

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the advice

My GSP is actually just a mat of polyps and no plugs or rock attached, I’ve separated it into two pieces and dont want it on my rock so I figured a carpet on the back will look cool in my 32 LED cube
Right on! Yeah just glue it up you will have to trim it eventually especially around the overflows biocube 32led owner myself
And btw WELCOME TO R2R!!!

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ic-Gel is my go to superglue.
They changed the formula for a while but it's back to the original.

sorry to resurrect an old thread but i have a question about the ic gel.
does it come with the metal pin in the applicator cap again? i was having issues with the glue hardening in the cap and then couldnt reopen the package.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i have a question about the ic gel.
does it come with the metal pin in the applicator cap again? i was having issues with the glue hardening in the cap and then couldnt reopen the package.
It does not unfortunately. Still comes with 2 caps but no pin. I usually wipe the tip down with a paper towel before putting the cap back on to prevent it hardening in the cap and I’ve had to issues so far.

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its what I use. On a new tube, the first few squeezes are oddly like water. After that its good. Remove coral, put a dab on the back and stick it in the water. Hold for 60 seconds.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back