Using Intank media baskets in Biocube 32

mbixler1537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on purchasing both media baskets for the back of my biocube 32. I was going to run filter floss, chemi pure blue, and some sort of carbon in the first basket and add some chaeto and rock rubble in the fuge basket. Any thoughts? Should I change this idea up at all?

OP
OP
M

mbixler1537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I was going to have a small red light on the back that would be on opposite of the DT. Just my original thought.

OP
OP
M

mbixler1537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get a scrubber, is it good to dose with pods? Just to cultivate the population?

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a BioCube 32g of my own right now, and this is my exact plan!
I have both the InTank Media Basket and Fuge Basket. In the media basket I'm planning on running (top to bottom): Filter Floss, Purigen, ChemiPure Elite, and Matrix for my bio media. Once the tank is done cycling, I'll be setting up the refugium with chaeto.

Start a build thread once your tank is running! I would love to see it.

OP
OP
M

mbixler1537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also going to pick up some pods and my chaeto from Algae Barn once I start my refugium.
I ended up getting the 2 intank baskets and my cycle began a little over 2 weeks ago. Also, I bought a fuge light from intank as well.

OP
OP
M

mbixler1537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! How is the cycle going so far?
It’s almost finished. I added ammonium chloride to increase the ammonia levels as well as the live bacteria. The tank grew brown algae and now is starting to grow some green algae. Hopefully will be done this week and I’m adding a green clown goby and a porcelain crab as well as some nassarius snails and a couple rock flower anemones

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s almost finished. I added ammonium chloride to increase the ammonia levels as well as the live bacteria. The tank grew brown algae and now is starting to grow some green algae. Hopefully will be done this week and I’m adding a green clown goby and a porcelain crab as well as some nassarius snails and a couple rock flower anemones
Definitely going to be doing a green clown goby and porcelain crab in mine as well! Good luck with the tank! :)

Back