Using reef flux - do I remove chemi pure elite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter katsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

katsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
441
Reaction score
165
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to dose reef flux to battle bryopsis in my 20g aio tank. I only run chemipure elite and filter floss. Do I remove the chemipure elite? Reef flux bottle says GFOs can stay in but I thought chemi pure elite was a GFO and partially carbon?
 
I am about to dose reef flux to battle bryopsis in my 20g aio tank. I only run chemipure elite and filter floss. Do I remove the chemipure elite? Reef flux bottle says GFOs can stay in but I thought chemi pure elite was a GFO and partially carbon?
Flux may or may not help
With bryopsis, the key is to remove the roots after pulling what you can by hand. As long as there are roots, it will keep coming back. Best removal is with use of a dental pick or small crochet needle and outside the tank in a container of tank water
After clean up, add a few astrea snails, pitho crabs, urchin and female emerald crabs which I don’t trust
 
Flux may or may not help
With bryopsis, the key is to remove the roots after pulling what you can by hand. As long as there are roots, it will keep coming back. Best removal is with use of a dental pick or small crochet needle and outside the tank in a container of tank water
After clean up, add a few astrea snails, pitho crabs, urchin and female emerald crabs which I don’t trust
I’ll be manually removing as the reef flux goes through the stages. I did just get an emerald crab. My urchin doesn’t touch this stuff! Should I be removing my chemipure elite while using reef flux?
 
I’ll be manually removing as the reef flux goes through the stages. I did just get an emerald crab. My urchin doesn’t touch this stuff! Should I be removing my chemipure elite while using reef flux?
The gfo in elite May reduce effectiveness. Remove for now
Urchin won’t eat it but will eat remnants after clean up
 
To answer the question, yes. Chemipure elite has carbon, therefore it should be removed. GFO shouldn't impact it if I remember correctly when I made a post on here asking if GFO removes fluconazole
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new