Using Seachem Stability to "seed" a QT

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some biomax at Petco (on sale $9 for 500g). Do I just throw it in loose in the filter? Throw it in the tank loose like rocks, or put it in a media bag and put it in the tank?
Put it in the filter, you want as much water flow through it as possible.
I DID use a seeded sponge and I already started treatment. The seeded sponge didn't work for me. It must not have had enough bacteria to support a porcupine puffer
I'm not a huge fan of the seeded sponge method. You probably get good bacteria coverage on the outside but just not enough flow through the sponge to take advantage of the surface area.

Stability does take some time to work...BioSpira seemed to get busy immediately for me....
BioSpira is my "go to" product for QT. It is easy to find and it works well for me. I like the fact it was developed by Dr Tim. I would use the Dr Tim's One and Only, but it isn't available locally.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BioSpira is my "go to" product for QT. It is easy to find and it works well for me. I like the fact it was developed by Dr Tim. I would use the Dr Tim's One and Only, but it isn't available locally.

I couldn't find the biospira. I tried Dr. Tim's and it didn't work. I have some seachem Seed coming on Wednesday. Maybe that will work faster

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seeing how you didn't read anything I previously posted, I DID use a seeded sponge and I already started treatment. The seeded sponge didn't work for me. It must not have had enough bacteria to support a porcupine puffer
I wasent responding to you. I was responding the original poster. I didnt read what you wrote because you didnt start the thread. Sorry your confused. But that was not for you.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.2%
Back