Using Turbo 900 to cycle tank

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I plan to use turbo 900 to cycle my 65g tank + about 15g or so sump. Does anyone know if this is one dose or do you have to dose for multiple days? Instructions are not clear.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I plan to use turbo 900 to cycle my 65g tank + about 15g or so sump. Does anyone know if this is one dose or do you have to dose for multiple days? Instructions are not clear.

good question! The bottle should say something along the lines of “1 bottle per x gallons” that said, there wouldn’t be any harm in using the whole bottle. It’s the beneficial bacteria you’re looking for after all. Just make sure you either ghost feed the tank (feed like you have fish in there) or use some ammonia so the bacteria has something to eat

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worlds simplest cycle for you

set up tank

add the amount per gallon from directions

input a couple pinches of flake food

wait a week, youre cycled. no test reqd

fritz cycles in a few days its well tested, good stuff. we read about dead bottles of bac on the web but thats not really the case, its so uncommon its never happened to me or anyone Ive helped cycle for 10000 cycles. Im sure ten readers with api tests are certain they got dead bac, but they didnt :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreakPrism

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. The reason I asked was a 1oz covers about 25g so I was going to get a 4oz bottle. If multiple doses are required then I would need to get the next size up which is 16oz which is much more expensive.

I'll use the 4oz bottle and likely supplement with Stability if needed since I have a new bottle at home from my just disbanded freshwater system.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. The reason I asked was a 1oz covers about 25g so I was going to get a 4oz bottle. If multiple doses are required then I would need to get the next size up which is 16oz which is much more expensive.

I'll use the 4oz bottle and likely supplement with Stability if needed since I have a new bottle at home from my just disbanded freshwater system.

It definitely doesn’t hurt to seed a tank more than once. But honestly, as long as you get the tank cycled it usually isn’t necessary

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back