USPS messing up Questions

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had the worst luck with USPS in the last 2 months.

1st) I ordered an iPhone screen replacement and it stated arrived but it never did. Looking at my security camera, I can't see if the mailman actually had it in his hand but I don't see anyone walk to my door/mailbox after the mailman.

2nd) I ordered something from Amazon and USPS tracking states its lost (amazon is replacing)

3rd) I recently purchased an AI Prime HD from the Buy/Sell section. Transaction was smooth and got a tracking number pretty fast. Fwd to Nov 1st, no package arrived at my job. Tracking states It's in Transit. Fwd to today, I called and they said the package is lost. They will "Launch an investigation" and get back to me within 48hrs.

I am not sure if the AI package is insured, if it's not, am I out $210.00?

Tyvm

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh! That is frustrating to have that many packages lost.

This may not help with packages, but you can sign up for USPS informed delivery. Every day I get an email with scans of the letters that are expected to arrive that day. In a way this really creeps me out that they know every piece of mail I receive, and you can even see through some of the envelopes and read the contents. But it is helpful to see if you are getting all of your mail.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugh! That is frustrating to have that many packages lost.

This may not help with packages, but you can sign up for USPS informed delivery. Every day I get an email with scans of the letters that are expected to arrive that day. In a way this really creeps me out that they know every piece of mail I receive, and you can even see through some of the envelopes and read the contents. But it is helpful to see if you are getting all of your mail.

Well I did not signup for the email notifications but I was checking tracking number for the AI every other day. It was easier for me to Copy and Paste the web page with tracking in an email draft, just right click and open hyperlink. I called on the 2nd and they told me to call on Friday. Fridays caller asked me to call Monday. Between the amazon and this, I put the AI on the back burner trying to figure out the amazon prime shipment. This past Friday I called when it was closed... which leads to todays call. The best part is waiting on hold for min 1hr per call and then you must call another location then you are given a dispatch number. EVERY CALL is min 1hr of fantastic classical music (;Blackeye).

My job is the safest place for me to receive packages as you must get buzzed in. I did not want to take chances because of the iPhone screen/Amazon order, then the Bell Gardens Post Office happens... Now I must wait 20-30 days for the results of the Investigations.

Where I am kicking myself in the butt is by telling the Seller to send it as cheap as possible to save her money since my stand is still in the DIY stages... DANG IT

Last edited:

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though the USPS screwed up, it is still the seller's responsibility. It is their job to get the product to you. They hired USPS to do it. Insurance protects the seller, not the buyer.

I don't know if the classified section has rules here, but it should. I sell a lot on eBay. Did you pay with paypal? If so you can file an item not received dispute with them.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did pay PayPal. Well, I am a very understanding person and I just hope USPS misplaced it or the small sized package fell behind a holding crate. With all the frustration, I still have high hopes that I'll receive the package:D

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like the one that said it arrived.How would you fight that?

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't like the one that said it arrived.How would you fight that?

You can't. They call and interview the mailman, IF he recalls dropping the package off, it's a closed deal, "we did our job."

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most post offices use GPS on delivery so they can look it up and see where it was delivered to. Even so, good luck getting USPS to admit their own mistakes.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 lost through USPS. One was a histopath sample from work, it showed up at the lab 6 weeks later, iirc.

The other was a cell phone case, it showed up 6 months later

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My USPS person is awesome, they either say front door or garage door for the delivery. But see the following picture of two items came to my office. One damage package.jpg came from Colorado Algae Barn and the other from Florida. I guess the one box marked do not drop, should of been marked do not run over?

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess the one box marked do not drop, should of been marked do not run over?

:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D That's awful but the sense of humor was funny.
Hopefully the item itself was not damaged.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update...

Good News! I received a voicemail to call the Bell Gardens Plant.

Bad news! Bell Gardens Plant told me to call consumer affairs

Extra Bad News!! CA's told me there is nothing they can do and most likely the item is damaged which is why the delay.

I literally feel like I am playing Duck Duck Goose without real people, running in circles as I tag everyone.

I'm trying to make the best out of this situation but it really does suck Godzilla balls.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back