UV filter

engelphotos

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Location
Macon, Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just bought a new uv filter. Two reasons control disease before it starts and algae control. So I'm planning to install after return pump. I have sump and left chamber is skimmer and middle is refugium and right is return and also where my gfo/carbon is located. So as it goes through return pump I'll run Ina nod out of uv filter and back to tank. Any draw backs to this idea ?
 
I kinda thought so but! Always better to bounce it off someone else. Uv filter is rated for twice my volume so I thought running it at the rate by return is running at less friction should be spot on
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new