Uv light

LilysDad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
18
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will it be a good time to add a uv light after cycle?
 
If you have started with a clean slate— you haven’t yet added any fish / corals / inverts / rock or water from another tank, then you shouldn’t need a UV yet for disease control. And for the first several weeks (at least) of cycling, you shouldn’t need to control algae, etc. to that extent. But down the road, a UV will definitely be useful! My 2-cents. Best wishes!
 
What are you looking to achieve with the UV? They are only useful during phytoplankton or bacterial blooms (and certain cases of dinos)
 
What are you looking to achieve with the UV? They are only useful during phytoplankton or bacterial blooms (and certain cases of dinos)
Will start dosing phyto next week
 
I have a question.

I want to run UV but I also want to dose Phyto for the overall biome of the tank. I am planning a refugium down the line with pods as I want to establish a good place for an eventual mandarinfish.

Would I dose during daylight hours and run UV during night time?

Or would both of these just cancel one another out and offer no benefit?

-Chris
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new