UV Sterilizer Installation Suggestions

Patrick Cox

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
322
Reaction score
83
Location
Lexington, KY
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a UV Sterilizer that has been sitting just in front of my sump in the stand. I now need that space for other equipment so I need to find a new home for the UV Sterilizer. I installed brackets up high in the back of the stand but the unit is bubbling when running so I don't think all of the air is getting out so I need to mount it either vertically or with the in/out pointing up. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding the right spot. So if you have installed your UV in a creative way or have suggestions, that would be appreciated. I was thinking about building a stand for the UV or maybe hanging it from the ceiling of my sump area. Or I could maybe rest it on the sump in front of the skimmer on a platform. Or maybe I could build a stand that simply sits behind the sump....etc. (also, don't judge my wire mess! LOL. I need to clean this up!)

So again, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sump - 1.jpeg Sump - 2.jpeg Sump - 3.jpeg Sump - 4.jpeg Sump - 5.jpeg
 
You do need to mount the UV with the outlet/inlet facing up or, as you mentioned, vertically.
I have a UV Sterilizer that has been sitting just in front of my sump in the stand. I now need that space for other equipment so I need to find a new home for the UV Sterilizer. I installed brackets up high in the back of the stand but the unit is bubbling when running so I don't think all of the air is getting out so I need to mount it either vertically or with the in/out pointing up. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding the right spot. So if you have installed your UV in a creative way or have suggestions, that would be appreciated. I was thinking about building a stand for the UV or maybe hanging it from the ceiling of my sump area. Or I could maybe rest it on the sump in front of the skimmer on a platform. Or maybe I could build a stand that simply sits behind the sump....etc. (also, don't judge my wire mess! LOL. I need to clean this up!)

So again, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sump - 1.jpeg Sump - 2.jpeg Sump - 3.jpeg Sump - 4.jpeg Sump - 5.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new