Uv sterilizer question

marine2463

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
252
Reaction score
187
Location
West Palm Beach,FL.
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have question , I bought a uv sterilizer from a buddy of mine it's a coralife 18 watt, it comes with about a 1 inch barb fitting . How can I connect or do they have anything I can reduce that to a smaller hose ?
 
Here is pic of the uv's barb any ideas

image.jpeg
 
If it's only an 18 watt unit that's probably a 3/4 or a 5/8 barb. So just use a small piece of that dice to a reducing straight barb fitting of whatever size works for your pump.
 
Thanks Lenny_s !!!! Will Home Depot carry those barb fitting?, or do I have to go to the lfs?
 
The Home Depot by me has those in the plumbing section near the irrigation stuff. So hopefully same for you. Otherwise try US plastics online
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new