Vacation feeding

ReeferDave01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to travel for work during the week. My system (250g main tank, 60g refugium that will eventually have seahorses and pipe fish and 60g sump all connected) is mostly automated with ato, auto water changes, apex, etc My fiance and kids feed my critters but I'd like to put in auto feeder. Who has best experience with what feeders, what foods do you put into feeders, any lessons learned?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Eheim auto feeder. Mainly I use sinking pellets/flake food. Placed around a high flow area away from overflow. With the Eheim it is easy to feed on a schedule, multiple times a day and specific amounts. As for feeding pipe fish and seahorses Id say that might be a bit of a challenge if not eating pellets or flake. You may need someone to feed them manually.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFS (Automatic Feeding System) feeders by Neptune Systems are really good. Their crossover diet is excellent and works really well in their auto-feeder. We worked closely with them on formulation of the diet so that the food was in a size range appropriate for corals and fish. The feed is based on our granulated and pelleted feed, TDO Chroma-Boost. With all this being said, I totally agree with Highgrade that pipefish and seahorses require special attention and specific feed types that don't work in any auto-feeder.

Chad

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back