Vacation & Feeding

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

So im going to Thailand for 2 weeks from mid October and im just trying to make sure im all set to leave the tank for 2 weeks...

I do have some family popping over a few times a week to double check everything is all good and to feed the fish some frozen food, top up ATO etc. Ive purchased an auto feeder to supplement the feeding in between frozen foods but that will only be dry foods. I think it will possibly be every 2 days or so that someone will pop over to mine.

Is the Auto feeder really that necessary?

I do currently feed a smallish amount every day a mix of frozen/flake/pellets but im currently fighting GHA and im dreading coming back to an absolute **** show and a forrest in the tank with the auto feeder possibly adding too much each time.

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add some live food for them to hunt while you are gone. We feed our tanks too much most of the time. Probably contributing to the gha. I wouldn't add anything to the ato.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's up to you. I travel enough to justify a auto feeder and I use it also when I'm around. I figure at least twice a day some pellets are being dropped in and I supplement frozen/nori when I'm home.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they are only topping up the rodi chamber with water and not adding food to that! Well they better not anyway haha

But i am probably feeding too much as it is so hopefully the auto feeder doesn't dump too much in when I'm gone!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back