Vacation Question

Xplosm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all new to this forum and iv got a 5 day vacation coming up,

I have a single bangai cardinal who's about a year old as his tank mates got killed by a rogue emerald crab (hes sumped now). I have been feeding him on a 1 on 1 off schedule for a while now but have upped it to daily feeds to fatten him back up before i go away. Is it safe enough to leave him 4 full days without food as he requires frozen? Normally id auto feed pellet but he won't take it. The rest of the tank is automated for corals/topups etc and can last weeks without being touched. Was waiting until after vacation to restock the tank properly.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've left mine for as long with no issues and that's without fattening them up before hand. Just a feed a bit heavy the day I leave. The only thing I do though is get a back up tank sitter, just in case I end up staying too long (or never coming back - once I'm on the beach all my life priorities seem to change).

Enjoy the trip!

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m leaving this afternoon on a 4 day vacation and I’m a bit antsy lol. I have no fish so I have to feed my tank instead. Gonna get dosing pumps when I get back. Of course that leads to monitoring and…

OP
OP
X

Xplosm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've left mine for as long with no issues and that's without fattening them up before hand. Just a feed a bit heavy the day I leave. The only thing I do though is get a back up tank sitter, just in case I end up staying too long (or never coming back - once I'm on the beach all my life priorities seem to change).

Enjoy the trip!
It all depends on the fish, I know clowns i wouldn't of cared they will survive over a week by fattening up alone. Just i don't know this fish well enough to understand how tolerant of starvation he is.

I’m leaving this afternoon on a 4 day vacation and I’m a bit antsy lol. I have no fish so I have to feed my tank instead. Gonna get dosing pumps when I get back. Of course that leads to monitoring and…
Enjoy your vacation! Iv got dosing pumps but i refuse to let mysis sit in the line for 48 hours when its 30c here :') it will be pure toxic

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back