Valentini puffer personality

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really interested in the Valentini puffer anything I should know or do differently with it than other puffers? Anyone who has had personal experience with them do you have any funny stories about them? Love hearing from you guys thanks.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are easy going and usually not skittish. They will usually try and get at inverts and sometimes like to nibble at corals. Hardy and good eaters. I am sure that you probably saw all of this on other online write ups, but they are a straight forward fish.

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one before I had corals. Loved him. This guy had character. Easy to feed and would eat anything and from my hand. Things went south when I introduced SPS. He rapidly developed a taste for SPS polyps so he had to go. I could’ve kept him in the sump but I wanted him to have a good life and a sump didn’t feel right.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are colorful with yellow fins and very bashful yet friendly with other tankmates. They can nip both softies and SPS coral, but have seen cases whereas they bother nothing. they do require a varied diet of meaty foods including; squid, LRS reef frenzy, krill, clams, mysis shrimp and shelled shrimp to help wear down their teeth that does grow and needs to be trimmed.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had on for a while. It does not seem to bother my corals but I have mostly softies, I feed frozen food and will throw in a mussel or a manilla clam a couple times a week and it loves it. Mine always has the look of deep thought before it does something and will often ride the wave from the power head, swim back towards it and then let it blow him back and do it over and over. At night is funny, it will wedge itself in the corner and go sound asleep.
20201113_115311.jpg

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for almost 2 years. He was doing great in my reef tank for the first year and a half. Then it decided to like the taste of my Duncan’s and candy cane corals. Now it’s in my “other tank” lol. Lots of personality for sure! Cutest sleeping fish I’ve ever seen too lol. I get clean up crews from reef cleaners every so often. They come with dwarf cerith snails the he can pick at whenever it likes. As stated earlier. It is comical to watch it ride the waves from a power head lol.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back