Valentini Pufferfish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all of you!!!! Thank you for helping me previously on Facebook!!! I have since deactivated my account for personal reasons but I’m still here. I saw in one of your videos that you have a Valentini Puffer in your big reef tank. This is a fish I find really cute but debating whether to get because I’m worried about corals and inverts. What has your experience with the Puffer been? Does it eat corals and shrimp and snails? Any special care requirements, is this an easy fish???

Thanks!!!!

rhines

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a pair so I’ll answer for you. Toby Puffers are corralvores by nature, so they may try eating corals. I have a tank filled with soft, lps, and sps corals and have only seen him peck at a Lobophyllia, but he did not eat it. They may pick at invertebrates in order to wear their teeth down. Make sure you keep them well fed; I feed LRS Reef Frenzy twice daily. Overall I’m happy with the fish and enjoy owning them. Keep them well fed and give them foods to shave down their teeth.

rhines

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had any disease so I cannot give my input on that topic. They are resilient to salinity swings from what I’ve seen though.

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one and he has not picked at any snails. I feed the pellets and reef frenzy and clam with the shell they sell it at your Los most likely. The only thing he goes for is my Duncan. He doesn't touch anything else. I have to but my Duncan in the sump and no lie if I move him back it will take less than 30 seconds and he will nip at it. Set up my new waterbox so I'm think the bigger room should fix that

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had mine for about a year. Looks around the same size to a little bigger but nothing drastically or at least that I can tell lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back