Vance’s 700 plywood revival

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Achilles!

Weird you were able to get pictures of the tank without him in all of them.

Every time I tried to take a picture of my tank, the Achilles and Achilles Hybrid were always showing off front and center.

OP
OP
Vance

Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the Achilles has not been in the tank since the shark was added. All of the fish were removed and rehomed to get her established, they were much too boisterous when it came to feeding and when she was a pup it would have been impossible to get her fed. She was completely dependent on stick feeding for the first year of her life. The only original fish is the copperband.
Honestly I don’t even think a tank of this size was enough for that fish. Watching it pace and work itself up even stressed me out. Now a firm believer that is one better left in the ocean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vance

Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gave up on trying to get a filefish trained on Majanos so took a risk. New friend, I think I’m in love, I REALLY hope she works out. Eating TDO like a champ, and integrated into the group perfectly, super calm and out in the open. That’s a good start!
IMG_8107.jpeg

OP
OP
Vance

Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8227.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg
IMG_8225.jpeg
IMG_8236.jpeg
On the daylight portion of the light cycle

OP
OP
Vance

Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a little bit of cyano left but I’m pretty happy with how it recovered and the direction it’s going again. Nitrates are finally rising (up to .5 lol).
Majanos are pretty out of control, I haven’t seen the regal pick at any but it’s only been in the tank <2 months. I really don’t want to add a filefish so I hope she decides to eventually.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back