Varios 6 Controller needs power cycle after power outage?

Bigjay615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda weird, but after a power blip or outage the varios on my return pump will need to have a physical unplug from power supply to begin working again... The lights are on but pump not turned on even though says 100%
It is plugged into the Apex power bar. It doesn't seem to depend on time frame. And it works properly afterwards
I used to have it on 0-10v control. But removed. Float switch has been in same spot for quite some time... So should be that.
Like I said, after physical removal of power and reapplied (nice spark) it works normally.

Any help greatly appreciated.

(adding a large battery back up to my tank this weekend to avoid these occasional issues)

And waiting for red dragon 100w to come come off back order...

Pump has served my quietly and well for a few years now. It could jsut have gotten beat up in a power outage. May just be time to put on a less critical roll.

Once again thanks in advance
J

SMH

Last edited:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had this issue with my varios, but had an older pump that did the same exact thing(forget the brand name now). Never did find a resolution, but the pump died and I replaced it with the varios.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOh forgot to mention......

I to used the 0-10V on my apex to control it, never did it when I had it controlled that way. Then I decided since it was a return pump, just leave it at 100% via it's own controller. Disconnected the 0-10v and always had the issue. Never really connected the dot's that way.

Maybe try hooking it back up to the 0-10v and see if it does it?

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to dig this up. Did you ever figure anything out? I use a Hydros controller and when I turn it to feed mode, it shuts the Varios 6 off. I have to manually unplug this every time to get it to turn back on.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back