Varios

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question!
As of right now this is not an option. All of the pumps come with controllers. We have been thinking about this as an option, but the bulk of the cost is in the pump. The controller adds very minimal cost to the pump package.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would never want one without a controller... If the hydros failed, or if I upgraded a pump and wanted to use the original on another system; or simply for mixing water or on a water mixing station, I'd always want a way to control the pump without worrying about a 3rd party piece of equipment. Just my $0.02

OP
OP
Scoob

Scoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even think about that, makes sense.

Thanks

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to get one of these without the controller ?

For the Hydros

Thanks
Great question!
As of right now this is not an option. All of the pumps come with controllers. We have been thinking about this as an option, but the bulk of the cost is in the pump. The controller adds very minimal cost to the pump package.
Personally I would never want one without a controller... If the hydros failed, or if I upgraded a pump and wanted to use the original on another system; or simply for mixing water or on a water mixing station, I'd always want a way to control the pump without worrying about a 3rd party piece of equipment. Just my $0.02

So just the VarioS-2 and VarioS-4 to start with? Since those are currently the only VarioS pumps Direct Drive compatible pumps with the WaveEngine? Sounds like something I'd like under my tree this year! Let's see if we can make it happen.

Any HYDROS device can have a backup on the network, although backing up a WaveEngine with multiple pumps attached to it is a little trickier than, say, a backup pH probe or water level sensor.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back