Vectra M1 battery backup not working??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just had a power outage and my M1 didn't kick on with the battery back. I have the booster cable installed/connected and the m1 set to lowest (initially had it set to 20%) and all I got was flashing green and no movement. Battery backup is only a few years old and has never been utilized before. What gives?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a programming issue, I'm curious if the 20% is for feed mode or normal operation. I would suspect it would be for feed mode, which would allow the pump to slowly turn the water.

How are you controlling the pump? Mobius, reeflink of ESL? Is your power still out?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a programming issue, I'm curious if the 20% is for feed mode or normal operation. I would suspect it would be for feed mode, which would allow the pump to slowly turn the water.

How are you controlling the pump? Mobius, reeflink of ESL? Is your power still out?
ESL via reeflink. I have feed mode set to 20%, but the battery backup set to lowest.
Here's a screenshot of the settings. Should I turn off the delay?
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 1.06.57 PM.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I should've been more clear. It sounds like your battery backup is working fine, the goal for the battery backup is to keep water turning slowly as to prolong the life of the battery.

The 20% you referred to is what happens when the pump goes into feed mode, that setting has nothing to do with power outage. You have battery backup set to the lowest setting, meaning you'll get maximum life out of your battery.

I don't know your system and calculated head pressure, but I assume that "lowest speed" will only keep the pipes primed.

What you can do is simulate a power outage by unplugging the power brick and pulling your return above the water and gauge the flow, then toggle through the settings until you get the flow you desire, keeping in mind that you're going to shorten the battery life by turning it up.

And to answer your question about turning off "power on delay". That setting us to prevent your pump from returning to normal if you're the supply power is fluctuating on and off, this will prevent damage to the pump by waiting a predetermined time before transferring power back to normal.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I should've been more clear. It sounds like your battery backup is working fine, the goal for the battery backup is to keep water turning slowly as to prolong the life of the battery.

The 20% you referred to is what happens when the pump goes into feed mode, that setting has nothing to do with power outage. You have battery backup set to the lowest setting, meaning you'll get maximum life out of your battery.

I don't know your system and calculated head pressure, but I assume that "lowest speed" will only keep the pipes primed.

What you can do is simulate a power outage by unplugging the power brick and pulling your return above the water and gauge the flow, then toggle through the settings until you get the flow you desire, keeping in mind that you're going to shorten the battery life by turning it up.

And to answer your question about turning off "power on delay". That setting us to prevent your pump from returning to normal if you're the supply power is fluctuating on and off, this will prevent damage to the pump by waiting a predetermined time before transferring power back to normal.
Thank you!

Back