Vectra M2 Failure

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
920
Location
Columbus, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shut down by Vectra M2 for some routine maintenance. When I turned the power back on the pump is failing to start.

The driver is momentarily red, then green like normal before quickly shutting down.

Has this driver gone bad? I have no way to reset the driver since it doesn't stay on long enough.

@ecotechmarinetank @ecotechmarine @ecotech any help here? I cannot reach anyone to discuss live at the moment.
 
My experience with that turned out to be the driver going bad since the motor block had no visible issues and the power supply still lit up.
 
Driver was fine in this case. I exchanged the power supply and all is well. Going to check and see if it is under warranty still once I can reach customer service
 
How did you end up narrowing it down? I’m having a similar issue
 
I had a similar issue with a Kessiln A360 and randomly gave it a go. Unfortunately I was in a rush or I would have only ordered the replacement power supply versus an entire new unit. That being said I have a back up pump now also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new