Vectra S2 return pump soft plumbing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

Can you advise how to best go about plumbing the Vectra S2 to 1'' braided vinyl PVC from a DIY standpoint?

I note from Ecotech and reviews online that the barb and screen don't fit the new S2. I hear Ecotech may be releasing new barb and screen fittings, however. Ecotech, can you confirm this? What's the timeline? I'm hoping to get this project off the ground shortly.

Cheers,
Ross

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could but have yet to find a fitting for this. It would need a 3/4” smooth end to glue into the vectra output with a 1” barb. I’ve reached out to Ecotech and they were no help.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to use a 3/4 x 1 adapter then the insert fitting.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to use a 3/4 x 1 adapter then the insert fitting.
Thanks, can try my plumbing store. So whats crazy is that gallery aquatica in AUS and charter aquatics in UK both sell the fitting for this, but they dont ship to the US. It blows my mind that ecotech cant supply this part, frankly, its just dissapointing.

Honestly I may just try to sell it and buy a sicce synra SDC 6.0 that comes with the adapter.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, can try my plumbing store. So whats crazy is that gallery aquatica in AUS and charter aquatics in UK both sell the fitting for this, but they dont ship to the US. It blows my mind that ecotech cant supply this part, frankly, its just dissapointing.

Honestly I may just try to sell it and buy a sicce synra SDC 6.0 that comes with the adapter.

I use a SDC 7.0 and 3.0 on my tank and like it.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info, totally missed your reply. I am a plumbing ignoramus. How would this work?

I glue the bushing into the vectra output which is 3/4"? Then does the barb slot into the bushing, which I also glue? Then slide my 1" return flex pipe onto the barb.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info, totally missed your reply. I am a plumbing ignoramus. How would this work?

I glue the bushing into the vectra output which is 3/4"? Then does the barb slot into the bushing, which I also glue? Then slide my 1" return flex pipe onto the barb.

it would be:

Vectra output->
2-3” of 3/4” pipe->
bushing->
socket x barb adapter->
tubing

all glued together in a nice tidy stack. I would get a couple of every fitting then you can practice :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back