Velvet (Amyloodinium ocellatum)

Since the copper power is not working and fish look worse every day, is it safe to assume its not parasitic but rather bacterial and as such I should try Enrofloxacin in DT? I just feel like need to try something else or will have a major tragedy on my hands….
 
Fish are getting worse with every passing day and some now look like they are not going to make it. Is it possible that we have not diagnosed the problem accurately as I have never seen ich not show positive impact after 11 days of 2.5ppm copper power

Had a Venustus Angel in copper for two weeks. Did a swap to a clean tank. A week and a half later, uronema showed up. Then after doing a scrap the amount of ich that was also on the fish reminded me why we tell all do a full 30 days of copper. All it takes is the timing of one much cell to make it through, and it will reinfect fish.
 
Since the copper power is not working and fish look worse every day, is it safe to assume its not parasitic but rather bacterial and as such I should try Enrofloxacin in DT? I just feel like need to try something else or will have a major tragedy on my hands….

Do you have a way to get your hands on a microscope? Maybe do some scrapes? That fox, aside from mucus cones again could have ich in the mix.

So the fish are still eating as of today? And the breathing normal or elevated?
 
QUcik recap- On 15th we diagnosed ich and copper power was brought up tp 2.5ppm by 2/16. Also added Prazi powder 2/3 days agp. The ailment continues to get worse ( see videos). Currently there is NO ABX of any kind in DT water. Wondering if we are dealing with bacteria issue as well and whether we should add ABX treatment. Enrofloxacin? Kanamycin( kind of mild) or General Trio (if I can get some). Please let me know your thoughts so I can rush order whatever you feel might be good. I also have some TMP Sulfa ABX on hand. Yes I have Formalin also.
 
Do you have a way to get your hands on a microscope? Maybe do some scrapes? That fox, aside from mucus cones again could have ich in the mix.

So the fish are still eating as of today? And the breathing normal or elevated?
Some fish eating some not. The tank has 2.5ppm C. Power already for whatever ich there might be. I just think we’re dealing nwith something else and thus think we might need ABX treatment as well. No one seems to want to comment on what else might be the issue as C power has ineffective after 12 days of treatment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new