Venturing Into More Expensive Fish - Compatibility Feedback Please

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
343
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Stock:
  • Blonde Naso Tang
  • Midas Blenny
  • Tailspot Blenny
  • 2 Lyretail Anthias (Male/Female) - Male is most aggressive fish in the tank
  • 1 Clown

Planned Additions:
  • White Tail Bristletooth Tang
  • African Yellow Belly Blue Tang
  • Mystery Wrasse
  • Labout's Fairy Wrasse Initial Phase

Tank is 250g (72x30x27) with plenty of hiding spaces in the rock if needed.

Any feedback on the planned additions would be appreciated.
 
Generally inadvisable to mix mystery wrasse with other wrasses. Other than that probably fine, use an acclimation box for the tangs for extra precaution.
 
How long has the Naso Tang been in there? Also you are going to need more anthias as anthias don't pair. I would skip the mystery wrasse as they can be more problematic (ie aggressive to other wrasses and can be an invert muncher).
 
Good advice above on the mystery wrasse. I'd replace it with another fairy wrasse, or two or three. Exquisite or ruby head we be a good substitute. Or any in the Halichoeres genus, if you have sand.

That tang group doesn't worry me at all, personally. Acclimation box is never a bad idea, I suppose. Naso are gentle giants. Keep in mind how big it gets, however.
 
How long has the Naso Tang been in there? Also you are going to need more anthias as anthias don't pair. I would skip the mystery wrasse as they can be more problematic (ie aggressive to other wrasses and can be an invert muncher).
The Naso has been in there for a few months at this point.

I had more anthias but the male eliminated them, he’s pretty aggressive.

Thanks for the advice!
 
I did decide to forego the mystery and proceed with the rest. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new