Vermetid snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter patlansky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

patlansky

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
The netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these red tube-shaped things vermetid snails? I first noticed one on a hammer coral that I bought. It feels hard. I removed that one, but now I see another one on a different rock.

Does anyone know what this could be?

20260110_152527_DDA1EE35-5FEF-40A0-AAB6-36C1E9608742.png

20260110_152527_CFDD389D-37FF-4EA1-8134-519346646A07.png
 
If they look like this, yes
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260110-092852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20260110-092852_Chrome.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 49
Are these red tube-shaped things vermetid snails? I first noticed one on a hammer coral that I bought. It feels hard. I removed that one, but now I see another one on a different rock.

Does anyone know what this could be?

20260110_152527_DDA1EE35-5FEF-40A0-AAB6-36C1E9608742.png

20260110_152527_CFDD389D-37FF-4EA1-8134-519346646A07.png
Does look like tubes from Vermetids. If clearly visible, you can break off tubes at bottom base and discard. At times, you may need needle nose pliers to accomplish this. Other options which I used was Bumble Bee snails which do a great job on these snails, but they do work slowly so I have a trio currently but no more vermetids in my tank. I have about 30 at one point
 
On the right side of the rhodactis there is some kind of black shell with a red tube. I’m pretty sure it looks like this. I’m planning to remove it manually, glueing on it and avoid overfeeding, especially since I’m also seeing an outbreak of spirorbid snails.
 
It is kind of hard to make out, but it is either a feather Duster worm, completely Reef safe and pretty cool too, or a vermetid
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new