Versa and continuous dosing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my new versa today and wanted to run it on my Calcium reactor using the continuous dosing mode. I would like to run at a higher dose rate during the day and lower at night but I cant seem to set this up in the programming. If I am understanding it correctly it only doses a single rate in continuous mode with no way to change the rate throughout the day.

Since I have been running the trident I can see alk consumption drops allot at night so would like to mirror this in my dosing. It also helps with ph at night.

If I am wrong please explain how to set this up. If it is not in the app yet I would like to request it be added.

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump, i also want to use for my Calcium Reactor. Im also wondering what maintenance period is with using as continuous dosing.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my new versa today and wanted to run it on my Calcium reactor using the continuous dosing mode. I would like to run at a higher dose rate during the day and lower at night but I cant seem to set this up in the programming. If I am understanding it correctly it only doses a single rate in continuous mode with no way to change the rate throughout the day.

Since I have been running the trident I can see alk consumption drops allot at night so would like to mirror this in my dosing. It also helps with ph at night.

If I am wrong please explain how to set this up. If it is not in the app yet I would like to request it be added.
Constant mode wont let you do that, however it's possible that you can get creative and do it with manual mode. You just have to do some math.

Let's say from 9pm - 8am you want it to run 60 ml/min and the rest of the time to run 90 ml/min. In other words 13 hours it will dose at the rate of 90 ml/min and 11 hours it will dose at 60 ml/min.

set up 2 dosing events and calculate the amount of fluid to dose within those times to run at the rate you want.

For example:
13h x 60m = 780 minutes,

then multiply that by the rate in which you want it to dose (90 ml/min)

780 x 90 = 70,200

And do the same for 11 hours.

Hopefully you're already familiar enough with Mobius to follow along without a tutorial ...Here's a video:

FYI, I have requested an intuitive way to have the Versa run based on an Alkalinity input. However, not knowing the path in which the Mobius is going down, this is simply an idea at the moment. Hopefully there will be a platform in which Mobius can read information from an automatic tester and adjust flow rate accordingly...

OP
OP
Evaaron

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did do the math and set this up as you describe but the pump wouldn’t run. My best guess is that this was because it has to wait for the next start time to do this and since I would be running three different schedules I did not want to wait the 5 or so hours for the schedule to change to see if it would work.
I wish ecotech would just set the programming to allow you to change the pump speed throughout the day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back