Versa dosing pump

jsch131

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one is these to dose a small amount of Tropic Marin all for reef starting with 1 ml so far not happy with pump any opinions out there.

OP
OP
jsch131

jsch131

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it starts to dose small amount it runs backwards between intervals when it starts again nothing comes out because it pulls air back in hose

OP
OP
jsch131

jsch131

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup think that’s part of problem it rotates a little and then return to home position

Nanos With A Backbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id go and reset the home position again..and then re calibrate. If that doesnt fix it id look into your lines and fittings to make sure everything is tight and nothing is drawing any air while trying to dose. I had an issue kind of like that when trying to use a hard plastic line in one of my RODI fittings.

OP
OP
jsch131

jsch131

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I did that already think it’s the way it’s programmed to operate I am dosing very small amount so when it starts an interval only rotate small amount when it stops it returns to home position in reverse direction witch pull air back into line witch in turn needs to expel before it pump out liquid on next interval don’t have this issue with the Neptune DOS PUMP

Nanos With A Backbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you calibrate it to 30ml, and it does that perfectly...you can tell it that it dosed 29ml instead. That way it will make up the difference your missing. I made a post about this issue when setting them up for AWC systems and trying to get 2 pumps to pull and push the same amount of fluid on a larger scale like a gallon a day. When i calibrated 30mls each pump is perfect. But doing a gallon water change is alomost 50mls off between the 2 pumps. A pretty big deal if thats everyday as i plan on with my AWC system. So i had to lie to one of the pumps a few times to get it dialed in with the other pump. It works great now but ive also assigned them as a scene on the mobius app so they start and stop at the same time. Ive also mentioned that for the amount of money these cost...you shouldnt have to do that. :/

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The homing feature helps keeps the tip from crusting over with certain chemicals. It also aids in accuracy. When it runs in reverse it does pull air in like you said, but the next dosing event it wont start counting the dose until it rotates to the furthest previous position.

It sounds like the tube on the output side of the versa is draining out in between dosing events, adding a pipette to the end of the tube will prevent that. I added a 3D printed pipette that fits into a jg fitting for my vodka dosing because it's doing micro doses.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200118_125251.jpg

I added quite a few 90° jg fittings but you can see the pipette tip... works perfectly!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one is these to dose a small amount of Tropic Marin all for reef starting with 1 ml so far not happy with pump any opinions out there.

If you plan on dosing very small amounts, there is nothing more accurate than a BRS 1.1 ml/min doser IMO. Because it runs so slowly, you can be very precise with dosing small amounts. Calibrate it and put it on a timer and let it do its thing. Sometimes, simple is better.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i use it like that. Set up as manual. Do 1ml in one sec. so 4:00:01am to 4:00:02am. It will work.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back