Versa vs Reefdose

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide between a 4 head doser and I'm between the Versa and the Reefdose. (not interested in the other options out there)
Sure there's a big price difference ($800 vs $430) but if money was not the issue...

Also... can you check/adjust the versa remotely through the phone? I've read different things.
I do have Mobius for my Vectras and MPs and I also have ReefBeat for my ATO and ReefMat. Plus I have ApexFusion and Kessil apps ;( and I got the MXM to integrate Mobius and Apex but looks like Versa is not supported (hopefully yet).

I've been using a DOS for a couple years but its huge and noisy and only 2 heads. I might keep it for auto water changes.

This is what I would like to accomplish:
- Feed my kalk reactor (water coming from my ATO reservoir)
- Dose all-for-reef
- Dose amino (AB+ or similar)
- Dose mag

I just want a 4 head dosing pump that will run problem free for years.

Cheers!

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Versa 4-pack and I'm happy with it overall. Unfortunately, you won't have the ability to remote in from your phone unless you set up a tablet that you can connect to via remote desktop to use Mobius.

I haven't seen the need to connect remotely though. I don't change my programming that often, and if I do, it's when I am home. So guess it depends on what you need.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t dose AB+ It needs to be kept cool. You could dilute in RODI as long as you use it up daily.

My doser cost me $88 and has run continuously, without any maintenance for 5 years now, so I’m not sure why some are so, so, expensive.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Versa's and have been very happy with them. They're quiet and dependable. They are used to dose All for Reef and amino's. I think it's a good product.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can’t dose AB+ It needs to be kept cool. You could dilute in RODI as long as you use it up daily.

My doser cost me $88 and has run continuously, without any maintenance for 5 years now, so I’m not sure why some are so, so, expensive.
You can store 7 day supply in a dosing container.

OP
OP
Ironfish

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As @WhatCouldGoWrong71 just said. I basically refill the AB once a week and keep the bottle in the fridge.

OP
OP
Ironfish

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with the Versa.
It's been a couple months and so far I'm happy with it.

- Installation was so easy with included mounting template and built in level.
- Super silent
- The app (mobius) is ok but once you get used to the interface it gets easier to use. I really miss the option to access it remotely.
- Status lights on pumps are hard to read (different colors)

Attachments

• 20230725_103414.jpg
    20230725_103414.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230725_110002.jpg
    20230725_110002.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231012_163629.jpg
    20231012_163629.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 47

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I ended up going with the Versa.
It's been a couple months and so far I'm happy with it.

- Installation was so easy with included mounting template and built in level.
- Super silent
- The app (mobius) is ok but once you get used to the interface it gets easier to use. I really miss the option to access it remotely.
- Status lights on pumps are hard to read (different colors)
I just got a Versa. I too am not a fan of Mobius, I am less a fan of Mobius through a MXM, but it's how I have to access stuff remotely. However, not being to access Versa remotely does stink. I started an all acro/monti reefer 250 setup in our bedroom. I started doing the kalk dosing overnight in addition to 2 part via a dos. dang that thing is loud. It's one think when it is micro dosing through out the day. But when it starts moving 6K ML over night, it will wake you up. I am going to run the kalk through this on continuous mode, which you can't do on the dos, X1 or Bubble. It should be here Friday.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back