Vertex 200i dc pump replacement idea

Phamousreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
790
Reaction score
116
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Found a vertex 200i in great shape, thinking of getting it, but I want to update the pump to a DC pump. I wonder if anyone have modified this skimmer to run a DC pump?
 
I have not found a reliable dc pump for continuous operation.

Instead of modifying AC pump, I included off the shelf inverter (12VDC to 120VAC). For me, it was economy & reliability. This is the heart of my UPS
(Uninterrupted Power Supply) system. I use an identical system to operate mesh WIFI and satellite Internet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new