Vertex calcium reactor on DC pump mod

  • Thread starter Thread starter John467
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

John467

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
24
Location
Woolwich
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the factory pump with a DC 3000 pump on the Vertex reactor. 9 ft of head max. It's a little bigger than I planned but it's flowing at half speed. Used a 1/2" pvc socket saver and blue pvc cement. Time to clean up the mess.

20230124_235051.jpg 20230124_235104.jpg 20230124_235114.jpg 20230124_235116.jpg 20230124_235120.jpg 20230125_115335.jpg 20230125_115349.jpg
 
Running well. I run the pump on high and have the pH set to 6.24.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new