Vertex Cerebra Forum

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand what you're saying was just thinking if you can use the cerebra as a "computer" to change settings via usb and you can remote into the cerebra it would be possible but if you can't use the cerebra like a computer than i see how it wouldn't work.
If you don't have a Profilux, you need the GCC software to control and adjust the lights. GCC will not run on Android OS. As such, it's more involved that just plugging in the USB cable. You need the Mitra driver installed and the GCC program which is a Windows based software application. As such, there is no way to control it or use the Cerebra as a "computer" to control the Mitra. At the end of the day though, what advantage would that offer you. A light like a Mitra is a set it and forget light. Set it up using your laptop or PC and your done. The computer only needs to be connected if you want to make programming changes to the lights and how often do we do that once our lights are setup? Pretty much next to never.

Defiant Arms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have a Profilux, you need the GCC software to control and adjust the lights. GCC will not run on Android OS. As such, it's more involved that just plugging in the USB cable. You need the Mitra driver installed and the GCC program which is a Windows based software application. As such, there is no way to control it or use the Cerebra as a "computer" to control the Mitra. At the end of the day though, what advantage would that offer you. A light like a Mitra is a set it and forget light. Set it up using your laptop or PC and your done. The computer only needs to be connected if you want to make programming changes to the lights and how often do we do that once our lights are setup? Pretty much next to never.

That's the answer I needed Slief! Thanks buddy and mainly was curious about it because I have a Mac laptop

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a Mac you will need a Bootcamp partition and then I use VMware Fusion which allows me to just run GCC alone so I do not see the train wreck of Window's 10.:)

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

roosterchef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the Cerebra, beta bugs aside, are there features you early testers are seeing that get you excited? Especially since the beta testers chatting here seem to also have apex experience?

bkelley02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received their Cerebra from the second shipment? I'm still waiting and did not get a response from their FB page on if it's here or on its way.

Defiant Arms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canceled mine I decided to go with the profilux seeing as how I already spent 1300 in lights from GHL :eek:

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the Cerebra, beta bugs aside, are there features you early testers are seeing that get you excited? Especially since the beta testers chatting here seem to also have apex experience?
The ability to setup a light schedule with a few taps on the screen is a big one for me. The clear input on what is happening while calibrating the PH proble is another. Customizing the desktop, being able to not see icons that you don't use is another.

DCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received their Cerebra from the second shipment? I'm still waiting and did not get a response from their FB page on if it's here or on its way.
Got mine today DONE!!! That was easy :) took awhile for some updates, but considering how this is BETA. CLoud is still down , and forum no use to me.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Windows 10 is a train wreck... Riiiiiight. Leaps and bounds above other platforms, but w/e, those who don't use the advanced features or know too much about it hate it like all the other versions of Windows.

As for the Cerebra, what's everyone's impressions on it after a bit of use? Is it a 'beta program that is somewhat sketchy' or a 'beta program that only has minimal work to go for a polished production platform'?
It would take a lot for me to move from the Reef Angel, but I do like the idea of a mini-computer running the tank that allows for internet browsing/youtube/forums/etc vs just a tank controller. And a touchscreen to boot. A little concerned with an old version of android being in charge though.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and I like it. I have had a few small problems with it. However the problems have been operator error. I think you will like it if you buy one. From what I've seen this unit will do all sorts of things. My brother in law has one as well on his 250 gallon tank. He loves his as well. It runs very nicely right out of the box and the tec support has been amazing. Also the unit is not big and bulky like some would lead you to believe.

Qed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, I am buying a controller in the nest day or two, looking seriously at the Cerebra even though the beta testing is now over, I have a reef octopus with the DC pump that is controllable with certain controllers, it important to me to be able to ramp down the motor on the pump through the 0-10v port.
Would I have such control with the Cerebra???
If so where would I find the interphase cable
Thank you

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the beta prices are gone but the beta process is still ongoing. I don't know about the reef octopus options, since I don't use one. Once support gets a request there is very quick reply on ANY hardware or software requests.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back