Vertex Cerebra Forum

Lloydxmas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, I am buying a controller in the nest day or two, looking seriously at the Cerebra even though the beta testing is now over, I have a reef octopus with the DC pump that is controllable with certain controllers, it important to me to be able to ramp down the motor on the pump through the 0-10v port.
Would I have such control with the Cerebra???
If so where would I find the interphase cable
Thank you

I'm controlling my Jebao DC pumps with my cerebra. I had to make a cable for it and it Was pretty easy to do. I have both the cerebra and apex and I do like the cerebra better. From what i have read, Vertex will be releasing things like this in the future.

Qed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the cerebra and apex and I do like the cerebra better. From what i haveread, Vertex will be releasing things like this in thefuture.

Thanks for the info. Question is the 0-10v jacks the same on the Cerebra and the apex?

Lloydxmas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. Question is the 0-10v jacks the same on the Cerebra and the apex?

They are different. The apex uses an 8 pin cat 5 wire (network cable) and the cerebra uses an rj11/12 which is a phone cable.

Scopulum Zombie

Unconventional reefing without regret.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having issues with the VNC app? I am getting an error regarding permissions when I try to start.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hearing that these are flying off the shelves at MACNA. Both Aquarium Specialty and Premium Aquatics both have sold out. Premium Aquatics will be sending more to the show overnight! Glad to see people still liking the product.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hearing that these are flying off the shelves at MACNA. Both Aquarium Specialty and Premium Aquatics both have sold out. Premium Aquatics will be sending more to the show overnight! Glad to see people still liking the product.

Aquarium Specialty has a handful of them currently... I received mine today.

Frosty Latte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where is this beta forum? I bought one day 1 but haven't hooked it up yet. Can you provide a link to the forum for beta users?

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I didn't really read the fine print and I no longer have the box it came in. which apparently is the only place the serial number is! I really want to join the forum but can't because of a lack of a serial number. any ideas what I should do?
why wouldn't you put the serial number on the unit itself?

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I didn't know that. I looked but I'm not the most savvy when it comes to this stuff lol. I did contact vertex and sent them a pic of the label on the back of the head unit and Adam said he could get my serial number from that. So just waiting on that now. Thanks for the advice!

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I'm glad I could help, Adam is very good. When you get setup on the forum you will get all the help you will need. The controller works great. I'm Sure you will enjoy it.

Frosty Latte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first aquarium controller. It seems like I have skimmer, light, return pump, 2 in tank power heads, probably 2 heaters, 2 lights for ATS, maybe 1 more light for fuge, probably 2 dosing pumps for 2 part in the future, and only 6 outlets. What should I plug into the controller and how are you guys doing it? 72 bow btw

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Would start with the return pump, heaters and lights. You will get a lot of help and ideas once you get on the forum.

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Adam at Vertex Technologies today. He said that the Cerebra V2 is scheduled to roll out at the end of October, next month. It is a significant redesign and upgrade as compared to the V1 Beta. The various probes and accessories will be made available at that time as well. The best news is that the Beta users who purchased the V1 will receive a free upgrade to the V2 upon mailing in their unit! Well, that's a new approach. The Vertex strategy appears different than the fly-by-night schemes that snag a few adventurous types and then leave them flapping in the breeze. Vertex would not have someone as dedicated and qualified on board for as long as they have with Adam if this was a rouse. And I am convinced that the way of the future is the touch sensitive/decision tree control panel versus lines of code. The Vertex approach is kin to the migration from DOS to Windows in personal computing. I was an R&D engineer at IBM years back and was brought up on DOS, so of course I had my reservations about any change. But I learned then that I had to yield to the better solution. So did IBM. So I am sticking with Cerebra and have learned quite a bit about controlling with Adam's and the Beta forum's help. And so has Vertex. Very smart company.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Adam at Vertex Technologies today. He said that the Cerebra V2 is scheduled to roll out at the end of October, next month. It is a significant redesign and upgrade as compared to the V1 Beta. The various probes and accessories will be made available at that time as well. The best news is that the Beta users who purchased the V1 will receive a free upgrade to the V2 upon mailing in their unit! Well, that's a new approach. The Vertex strategy appears different than the fly-by-night schemes that snag a few adventurous types and then leave them flapping in the breeze. Vertex would not have someone as dedicated and qualified on board for as long as they have with Adam if this was a rouse. And I am convinced that the way of the future is the touch sensitive/decision tree control panel versus lines of code. The Vertex approach is kin to the migration from DOS to Windows in personal computing. I was an R&D engineer at IBM years back and was brought up on DOS, so of course I had my reservations about any change. But I learned then that I had to yield to the better solution. So did IBM. So I am sticking with Cerebra and have learned quite a bit about controlling with Adam's and the Beta forum's help. And so has Vertex. Very smart company.
So you have to have proof of purchase or is buying a used one good enough? Hope it's better!

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The free upgrade is not to those who return a unit, but to those who helped with the Beta test by buying the Cerebra V1. But I suppose there is no harm in trying to negotiate with Vertex and turning in a used model if you have one.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back