Vertex Cerebra Forum

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to proof of purchase, everyone who ordered the V1 has a unique serial number corresponding to their person, so Vertex knowswho they are dealing with in the Beta group with regards to test questions, problems, and suggestions.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear some news from Vertex on this (even if it's 2nd hand.) There was near radio silence for a long time and I was really starting to wonder. I'm curious to see what the new hardware/software design looks like. Have they put out any pics/specs?

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure it’s whoever has a V1 to turn in will get a V2. Participation in the beta compared to the number of units sold varied.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this info in on their forum.

Except it's a closed forum, so no one else can see what's going on.

Hopefully they will let people who got used units trade them in - otherwise they'll have a bunch of disappointed/angry people who got used cerebras with the intention of trading them in.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are suppose to have the new model on display this month at one of the shows. We will see if they show up.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know that it was ever scheduled for release this weekend. The beta testers are supposed to get their units first. Last word that was end of October/November. Not sure I really care when they release it as long as everything works well.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you are up on the latest with the unit. However they did say it was going to be on display at the show. Before it went out to the customers. So I guess I'm not the only one behind. It's going to be nice seeing the working units in hand.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you are up on the latest with the unit. However they did say it was going to be on display at the show. Before it went out to the customers. So I guess I'm not the only one behind. It's going to be nice seeing the working units in hand.
Yes. They did announce it would be unveiled at the show.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cutting in line here, my LFS has a New V1 he will sell me for 400, I was thinking to buy just to trade for the v2. does anyone know if the trade up offer is for registered users only or for any V1 units.
thanks

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new for several months. Some update on web interface, which many don't care about. Peeps just want a controller that will be reliable and work. I don't see Vertex changing any of its old ways of little information or hard dates. They have set a few guesstimates on a timeline release but they have come and long gone. If you're on the 'Beta' site you're not much more informed than those that are not. Some day it will come and I'm looking forward to using it. I, personally, have moved on since I can't just wait or should I say my aquarium won't.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back