Very happy with my tank

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, have you ever used fans to keep it lower? I'm trying to learn more about tank fans I've always thought they were a bit extreme but I've never actually spoken to someone who's used them
I just keep an eye on things. I don't know that a fan would do me much good with the 60g cube. The sump has covers on each compartment and there's not really a way to blow air across the entire sump anyway. The new tank which is twice the size I'll play by ear. If it wants to climb in temp like the 60 does I'll install a cooler or fan setup.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, have you ever used fans to keep it lower? I'm trying to learn more about tank fans I've always thought they were a bit extreme but I've never actually spoken to someone who's used them
I keep a fan in my cabinet for circulation in the sump area. I also use a small circulation pump in my skimmer chamber pointed towards the surface to agitate the water surface.

OP
OP
MurphyTheClownfish

MurphyTheClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just keep an eye on things. I don't know that a fan would do me much good with the 60g cube. The sump has covers on each compartment and there's not really a way to blow air across the entire sump anyway. The new tank which is twice the size I'll play by ear. If it wants to climb in temp like the 60 does I'll install a cooler or fan setup.
Yeah I feel like its a bit unnecessary unless it gets majorly overheated
I keep a fan in my cabinet for circulation in the sump area. I also use a small circulation pump in my skimmer chamber pointed towards the surface to agitate the water surface.
Thats good to know. It's a thought, I just don't have the need or the cash atm lol. Just wanted to hear opinions on it

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I feel like its a bit unnecessary unless it gets majorly overheated

Thats good to know. It's a thought, I just don't have the need or the cash atm lol. Just wanted to hear opinions on it
Honestly, even a small bank of 12v 80mm or 120mm computer fans blowing not he surface would make an impact... I have those things on a shelf somewhere if need be. I'd honestly grab a portable a/c unit for the room instead. When the tank is getting at those temps, it's usually kind of warm in here to begin with. With the a/c I can cool the tank and me and everyone is happy. The tank is in the basement where my office is so no central a/c down here.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10" fan from home depot in my sump in the summer only. Days get 100+ all summer and ac at 75 works for me.

On another note. I love Tunze powerheads but am really liking the Jebao ow series powerheads.
I have 2 ow25's in my frag system pushing 2.5 years with no issues.
2 0w40's at 1.5 years in my 120 and just put a new ow10 in my.30 gal fuge.
I also have 2 backups of each model. 1 for the ow10.
For the price and controlabilkty of these they are a real bargain.
The ow25's have been running in pulse mode since I have had them.
I run 3 Tunze in my 120 and 2 ow40's.
I know they get a bad rap from time to time but for a long term Tunze guy they are that good, imo.
I run a Tunze carx, skimmer, 2 return pumps, 2 ato's, and powerheads.
Here are the 0w25's before a good cleaning.
20200515_183735.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back