Very high alkalinity levels!

Definitely your source water. I was using well water and it mixed up at 26-28 dkh. Now I use RODI water and that keeps it at 9.5-10.5 with instant ocean reef mix.
It was my source water :)
 
Should be around 7.5 but I am just running a new batch of fresh RO water and will test the alkalinity before and after adding the salt.
I will source another test kit I think, don’t know anyone who could test this for me to confirm, unless the aquarium shop down the road can test it for me to clarify my testing equipment
If they sell livestock and have tanks they will be able to test it for you .
Most fish stores are able to ......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new