Very interesting Clam talk!

yeah I thought I saw this ( vid is blocked for now) anyway the part about feeding/ not feeding them was interesting…..
some have claimed the young clams need or do better fed phytoplankton….might be some dispute there…I dunno, I’ve dabbled in it but not wholeheartedly…
 
yeah I thought I saw this ( vid is blocked for now) anyway the part about feeding/ not feeding them was interesting…..
some have claimed the young clams need or do better fed phytoplankton….might be some dispute there…I dunno, I’ve dabbled in it but not wholeheartedly…
They absolutely don't need to be fed, but do need nitrogen, which they can get directly from you feeding your fish or directly from the water column, etc. There have been several studies confirming this (that clams do not need to be fed phyto) so this myth still carries on for some reason. I think a lot of people have mind stories and stick to them for some reason?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new