Very tiny white hairs

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newly cycled tank with 2 clownfish. Spotted a hand full of these little white hairs waving in the air.

any idea what they could be?

1_IMG_20210921_210617.jpg 2_IMG_20210921_210726.jpg

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some type of tiny worm possibly, hopefully someone with a larger computer screen can get a better look, hard to see on a phone. Me commenting might help draw some more people to look at the post. Might be worth trying to get a closer picture of it

I sprang for a waterproof iPhone 12 and have been debating on sticking it in the tank to take pictures. Already stuck the Apple Watch in the tank a few times on accident and no issues. Glass never seems clean enough for a good picture.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the resolution of the photos or video is going to be high enough for you to get an ID on this. Is it attached to the rock? Coming out of the rock?

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it’s just part of the ugly stages, my tank is new too and did the same thing it appears on many rocks. Almost directly after diatoms started to go away this new stuff popped up. My coral beauty pecks the rocks alll day long and I don’t see any more of it.(tank newly cycled like yours.

OP
OP
M

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to stick my GoPro in there this evening to possibly get some better shots.

I have not seen any other types of diatoms or algae growing yet.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to stick my GoPro in there this evening to possibly get some better shots.

I have not seen any other types of diatoms or algae growing yet.
Some kind of algae would also be my guess. My tank is new and there’s all kind of stuff like that.

Back