Vibrant and phosphate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tombones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Vibrant for 8 weeks now and bubble algae is almost gone but phosphate has gone up to .10, it was between .04-.06. My chaeto has not died but do you think it has slowed down because of Vibrant use? The N03 has also risen from 15 to 25. Im thinking bubble algae was taking up N03/P04 but now dead nutrients are rising. Plus cheato is slowing down do to Vibrant use. Does this sound reasonable? Im also getting cyno on some of my sand bed now. Thoughts anyone. Thanks for any input to what actions I should do next. I hope this all makes sense.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all typical of using vibrant to rid a nuisance algae. Most people remove their macro algae as it typically dies. Water changes are now needed and a good siphon of the sand bed. Cyano usually follows the stripping of nutrients w Vibrant. It’s all ok. Keep your flow up and eventually the cyano will go away. 1 battle at a time.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you performed an N-DOC lab test in conjunction with an ICP-OES to get a firm handle on your N:C:p ratio?

From this we can provide information to help manage your nutrient balance and remove the undelying issues that feed these types of problems.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back